UV Powder Invisible
Invisible Ultraviolet Powders
We have a variety of different types of invisible UV powders including long and shortwave fluorescing, soluble and non-soluble, sunlight stable and degradable and various colors.
Longwave - (365nm to 400nm)
- Non-soluble white powder: UVPN. Fluoresces White / Blue
- Water soluble powder: UVPW - Fluoresces White / Blue
UVPW Chemical structure and Excitation and Emission curves
- Alcohol soluble powder: UVPA- Fluoresces White / Blue
- Xylene & MEK solube powder: UVPX- Fluoresces White / Blue
- Acetone soluble powder: UVXPBR - Fluoresces Bright Red Our brightest powder.
- Toluene soluble powder: UVXPBB - Fluoresces White / Blue
- Non-Soluble white powder: UVLWG - Fluoresces Green
- Non-Soluble white powder UVLWR - Fluoresces Red
Shortwave - (254nm)
- Non-Soluble white powder: UVSWR. Fluoresces Red. Will not fluoresce under a normal black light. You can see this powder with our FlashUV7 shortwave filtered light.
- Non-Soluble white powder: UVSWG. Fluoresces Green. Will not fluoresce under a normal black light. You can see this powder with our FlashUV7 shortwave filtered light.
These powders can be used to:
- Make paints, inks and dyes
- As an anti-theft invisible tracing powder
- Hazardous material training substitute
- Leak tracing
Soluble powder properties:
- Can be mixed in greater than a 1000 : 1 weight ratio. For example, 1 gram of of UVPW can be mixed with 1 liter of water. Resultant mix will appear perfectly clear under normal light, but will be highly fluorescent under black light.
- Trace amounts sprinkled on a surface will be high visible under black light yet completely invisible under normal light.
- Additional information on our UVXPBR and UVXPBB powders can be seen on our Ultra-Visibility Powder page.
If you need a highly fluorescent, high stable visible water soluble powder, please look at our UVHG powder.
UVPN Non-Soluble Powder Description
This superfine powder can be used as a pigment in paints, dusted on surfaces or mixed in solution. UVPN Powder weight is 15 grams.
- Invisible when mixed
- Long term stability
- Highly Fluorescent
- Dusting surfaces. Fingerprint analysis and detection.
- Theft detection. Powder transfers easily and invisibly to hands for tracing.
- Paint or plastic pigments
- Scientific experiments
- Finding air leaks and visualizing air movements